Hospital Board Duties and Responsibilities in Times of Crisis
Register Now to Watch On-Demand
Hosted by Thomson Reuters
The board of directors plays a key role in health care corporate governance, with ultimate responsibility for the hospital's strategic direction, quality and patient safety, financial performance, audit and compliance functions, executive compensation, and workforce culture and support. In these unprecedented times of global pandemic coupled with economic instability, natural disasters like wildfires, hurricanes, and flooding, and social and political unrest, the hospital board's fiduciary duties take on heightened importance, making effective oversight and timely communication even more critical.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the Hospital Board's Core Fiduciary Duties
- Recognizing Key Areas of Heightened Responsibility and Oversight in Times of Crisis
- Ensuring a Safe and Effective Environment for Patients and Employees
- Building an Effective Crisis Communications and Media Relations Plan
- Overseeing Business Resiliency
- Involving the Lawyers in Addressing Crisis-Related Legal Issues
A short Q & A session will follow. Reserve your spot today!